Saturday, August 25, 2007

Something else COMPLETELY different


LaSalle hood ornament
Originally uploaded by heatherradish
Beautiful day, but after rain and severe storms 9 out of the past 10 days, heading out to the woods was 100% out of the question. So I went down to the lakefront (still had to slog through ankle-deep mud...) for the Masterpiece Style and Speed Showcase.

Never really been into cars, other than my fascination with the Duesenbergs (German-Iowan engineers who later lived in Indianapolis...know anyone like that?), but it's been a couple of weeks months since the last time I went out taking pictures that might inspire me to make art.

I had a surprisingly good time looking at the chrome and styling, comparing different model years, listening to people talk about restorations. The old touring cars were gorgeous!! The 70s muscle cars were less interesting, but still striking in bright colors and lined up against the backdrop of the lake.

I dumped all the pictures to Flickr, minus the obvious out-of-focus shots. I'll be more discriminating in the future, but my friends who like "performance" cars will want to look at the engines.

I should try new things more often.

No comments: