Saturday, August 11, 2007

Long day at the sweatshop

After attaching approximately 36 sq inches of clear sequins to the journal quilt, I realize I should have used the silver hologram sequins. *cry* Going to finish the rest of it and change the sequins if I have time. I'm going to finish this thing and mail it to Houston before the deadline.

Also, instead of transferring outlines of letters to the quilt and sewing the sequins onto the lines, I transferred outlines of letters onto a piece of "machine quilting pattern paper" I found in the sewing room, with the intention of sewing the sequins on through it and peeling the paper out. Unfortunately, the sequins are spaced further apart than machine quilting stitches, so the paper isn't perforating as closely and isn't coming off easily at all. I'll have to try something else for the curvy lines of sequins in the borders.


Last night I listened to Bob Uecker call the Brewers game while I stitched; so far today I've watched a season of Waiting for God, a season of Red Dwarf, and now I think it's time for something a little less serious.

No comments: