Wednesday, August 22, 2007

And now for something completely different


Fused a bunch of scraps together...oh several months ago, under sparkly red tulle.


Free-motion quilting for the first time in at least three years. The machine purred; the human was wobbly. I got caught up watching the needle and not where it goes next, so it's jerky. But a lot better than I expected, at least on the squiggle. The spiral needs practice.





The red thread didn't show up at all on the front (I don't understand why I was surprised by this), so I did it again with yellow-orange.








I think I originally intended a black or black-and-red wide binding. I also intended to embellish with black alphabet beads and slivers of "printer barf" painted red, to symbolize /dev/null, but I might just leave it.

No comments: