Tuesday, January 13, 2009

ZOMG, Paintstiks

I finally broke down and ordered a set of Shiva Paintstiks for my birthday, and they arrived today. Took them for a brief test run--the rubbing plates were backordered. ZOMG. A stencil I cut out of cardstock looked like a bust at first--more paint on the edge of the stencil than in the cut-outs, but I was able to scrub at it with a brush and cover the open area. THEN I started scrubbing some more to move the paint on the edge onto fabric (I hate to feel like I'm wasting my new toy), and ZOMG!

I am now totally upset with myself because I can't think up anything interesting to make into a stencil.

I will not use the orange paintstik on the yellow thingy I painted over the weekend unless I know I have a wicked-awesome stencil. Thinking about paint or dyed fabric.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I got some of those paintsticks as a gift and they look like fun. I haven't had time to really play with them yet and like you, I need some stencils. I'll be watching to see what you do with yours.