Monday, September 03, 2007

Happiness is Poniatowski

1) Finished the border on the Journal Quilt. I don't think I'll have time to redo the sequins on the Lombardi Trophy. Going to put the sleeve on it and send it to Houston, thus completing my fiber art goal for the year.

2) Instead of cleaning my apartment for my parents dropping in this weekend (where did all these books come from???), I spent today working on my Lines and Shapes lessons.

3) Saturday I drove to the confluence of 90°W and 45°N. I was exactly halfway between the Equator and the North Pole AND exactly halfway between the Prime Meridian and International Date Line.


Snoopy came with me so I could prove I was really there.

Had lunch in Wausau at a brewpub called the Hereford and Hops--a confluence of beer and steak.

Stopped at quilt shops in Wausau and Dorchester for a little gratuitious stash enhancement.

Also stopped at Rib Mountain to see rocks that are over 1.5 billion years old. And a toad.



Sometimes it's nice to drive 550 miles for no good reason.

No comments: