Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Work in Progress


I think I painted this picture of Marvin Harrison in 2004. Maybe early 2005. It was after I went to quilt camp in Indy, at least. It's been hanging on a corkboard ever since.

Vodou flags (drapo) are often sequined around a lithograph of the saint associated with the lwa being honored.

*lightbulb*

Above, how it looked approximately four weeks ago. I added the football because I didn't like the way the hand looked, and I added the horseshoe for balance.


To the right, how it looks as of last night. I haven't been keeping track of how many hours I've spent on it because it would probably depress me; I only work on it while I watch TV (I'm now well into the fifth season of Babylon 5 and I have no idea what I'm going to watch this weekend). It's escapism. For a few hours I can hide in geometry, thread tangles, and a fictional universe.

No comments: