Thursday, June 01, 2006

Moved in, unpacked...

All my stuff is out of storage and in my new digs in Glendale, WI. Yesterday after work I set up my sewing table and started sorting through all my UFOs and random art supplies...funny, after several weeks of jonesing for something to play with I couldn't think of anything I wanted to work on at all and spent the night reading a new Jennifer Cruisie novel. :p

Sunday I went to the J-store and saw a sign that said "75% off remnants" and grabbed a bunch of interesting textures, both cotton and synthetic. Turns out the sign meant "75% off original price" and not "75% off marked price" but I was feeling bitchy and literal, so I got a whole bag of goodies for $9.01, including tax. Heavy home dec and sequined prom fabrics, because I already have more cotton prints than I'll ever use... Most interesting is cotton crepe--actual highly twisted threads in a crepe weave, not mere plain weave with wrinkling mercerized in--that tonight I'm scouring with some other stuff to dye this weekend.

DYE! THIS! WEEKEND! Colors to be determined on the spur of the moment. Usage to be determined later. I just want to get my hands dirty again.


Ron's kidneys are beginning to fail, his cancer is spreading to other organs, and he was in a car accident trying to drive out to Milwaukee last weekend--he's a lot sicker than he wants to believe. He doesn't call me when he's in the hospital, so I don't know how his post-crash surgeries went this week. :( I feel bad I can't be there to help him, but when I was living an hour away he wouldn't let me help him, so what could I do if I was still there? Sigh.

No comments: