Sunday, November 09, 2008

Further experiments with PVA

Well, the Spider-Man cape was not as cool as the Talking Megatron from his cousins, but I've moved on.

I rescued some pages of memory dumps from the Unwanted Printout Pile at work on Friday. I have about three reams of Unwanted Printouts, but very little of it is this interesting. Maybe I should have used the boring stuff to experiment...

They make fairly boring paper fabric:












After cutting out some bits and realizing they were quite fun except for the black-on-white, color experiments.

Watercolor pencils brushed with water before PVA:






Watercolor pencils smeared only by watered-down PVA:

















No pencil, only a single drop of fluid acrylic mixed with the PVA:














I probably could have used two or three drops.

No comments: