Monday, July 21, 2008

Superhero cape


My niece in Omaha turned 3 last week; my sister thought she would like a cape to be a superhero when she plays dress-up. I followed the tutorial at Puking Pastilles (apparently a Harry Potter reference), substituting an initial for the logo.

I think she liked it. One of my sister's friends asked me if I'd make one for her (maybe; I told her to ask my sister for my e-mail and we'll see if it even gets that far) and several of the adults thought I could start a small business (not interested in making capes every night). More importantly, my niece wore it some that afternoon and a little yesterday, and after I got dropped off at the airport, she told her mom she missed me. Yeah!

I might make one for myself.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

I have made dozens of capes in all sizes. I could also probably start a business but I'm not interested. I have made lots with hoods. I have a big bag of them that I pull out for parties sometimes. Also a theater director friend has me on his list.
Yours turned out very nice.

Joyce said...

I forgot to add that mine are made from a half circle with an indent for the neck and bias tape around the hole and extended for ties. Or sometimes for adults I put a fancy pin at the neck.

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

I do make Superhero capes every night, and you're right ... sometimes I wish I didn't. ;) Yours turned out great!

Judy said...

I found your post on QA and had been racking my brain to think of gifts for my cousin's kids in Sweden. These will be perfect! Thanks so much for helping me with my gifting this year!

Judy