Friday, January 18, 2008

Sigh.

I ordered some polyvinyl adhesive (PVA) two weeks ago when it was 40 degrees. They finally shipped it Tuesday, and it spent 10 hours in my mailbox today, at approximately 15 degrees F. I hope it's not ruined. I thought they were going to send it UPS, so it would sit in my apt. complex office while I was at work.

I was going to do the ClothPaperScissors Making Fabric Paper thingy. I tried it a couple of years ago with white glue, and it was awful--stiff and plasticky. Like sewing through a milk carton. But PVA is supposed to dry flexible.

Nothing else new. I'm putting Susan Shie-style "chicken scratch" stitching into a piece I painted in a class I took with her in Indianapolis in 2004, and I bought a sketchbook but I don't know where to start.

2 comments:

Ken said...

15F? Not sure I know what that's like. Summer's here and life is grand. Check me on myspace: http://www.myspace.com/kbean45 so we can catch up.

Radish said...

Myspace? We're too old for that crap.