Monday, November 05, 2007

Saturday Night's Already for Dyeing

9-step gradation between Avocado (which I remember being much ickier than the green I got...) and Rich Brown. I thought I stirred these enough, but the brown is still really separated, exposing chunks of green instead of a mixed color.


Something completely different--not a gradation at all. Started each cup with the same amount of Bright Yellow and then "contaminated" it with a few grains of nine different dyes (they are actually much brighter than this picture; either the tungsten light or the flash makes them look dull). The deep green was Navy Blue; that will be fun to do a gradation of in a few weeks when I have a free day.

And finally, leftover dye in a ziploc bag, rapidly becoming my favorite part of the whole exercise.

No comments: