Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Ass In Chair

I'm having trouble thinking up a new project to start, and the frustration of not having any ideas is making it harder to come up with new ideas. I need a mentor or a small group...

This week I've been practicing the ancient art of Ass In Chair. The idea is that if I'm creating something it will be easier to dream up new things to create; if I'm covered in little thread snippets it will be easier to get started than if I'm just staring at the thread box.

Fortunately(?) a few years ago I started to make 3.5" (floppy) pineapple blocks from tiny scraps, and I kept the patterns and the yellow centers in the same baggie. This is about six hours' worth of paper-piecing (maybe I should have tried making one block before I committed to making 300):


I'm finding some real forgotten treasures in the scrap bins. I've even found a use for the leftover Cheefs fabric! It's not so awful on such a small scale.

No comments: