Thursday, March 16, 2006

Hexagonamania



I've finally gotten into a rhythm with temporary spray adhesives and repositionable glue stick; the first hexagon took a whole day but now I can whip one out--from fabric selection to complete flower--in about four hours. Sewing the flowers together is a little more tricky and time-consuming, but at least the cardstock is staying in place until I want to remove it!!

The colors of State Center High School were Red and Black. The colors of West Marshall High School (State Center) are Black and Gold. I wonder if my color choices were unconsciously affected by recent explorations into how growing up in a small crappy town and being subjected to a small shitty high school adversely affected my expectations of life as an adult. But on the conscious side, I've been collecting Red and Gold (Iowa State) fabrics for many years, and Black makes a better accent to that pairing than blue or white (ISU's current and previous third color in athletic uniform design).

I still don't understand my recent fascination with hand-piecing a very traditional pattern.

No comments: